When applying for a marriage green card, gathering the necessary documents is a crucial step. Here’s a comprehensive list to ensure you have everything you need:

Documents for the Petitioner (U.S. Citizen Spouse):

  • U.S. Passport: Biographic page
  • Certificate of Naturalization
  • State-issued Identity Document: Driver’s license, etc.
  • Birth Certificate or Certificate of Unavailability
  • Divorce Decrees, Death Certificates, or Annulment Decrees: If applicable
  • Evidence of Legal Name Change: Court judgment, if applicable
  • Federal Income Tax Return: Most recent 3 years
  • W-2s: Most recent tax year
  • Paystubs: Most recent 6 months
  • Letter of Employment
  • Two Passport-style Photos

Documents for the Beneficiary (Immigrant Spouse):

  • Birth Certificate with English Translation
  • Passport: Current and expired
  • Visa Page in Passport
  • Most Recent Entry Stamp in Passport
  • I-94 Arrival/Departure Document: If any
  • Children’s Birth Certificates: If any
  • Divorce Decrees, Death Certificates, or Annulment Decrees: If any
  • Evidence of Legal Name Change: Court judgment, if applicable
  • Certified Copy of Criminal Record: If any
  • Sealed Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record: Find a doctor here
  • Six Passport-style Photos

​​​​​​​Evidence of Marriage Relationship:

  • Marriage Certificate: Plus license, depending on the state/county of marriage
  • Joint Lease/Mortgage
  • Joint Bank Account or Credit Cards: 3-6 months of statements
  • Joint Insurance Policies: Life, health, renters
  • Joint Utility Bills or Service Plans: Electricity, water, cell phone
  • Spouse Listed as Primary Emergency Contact: On work/school/medical records
  • Joint School/Medical Contact Information: If you have kids
  • Children’s Birth Certificates
  • Club Memberships/Joint Memberships
  • Church Records
  • Mail Addressed to Both of You
  • Letters of Support from Friends and Family: Ask us for a sample
  • Photographs with Family and Friends: Wedding, family gatherings, vacations, date nights
  • Other Evidence of Relationship: Postcards, letters, wedding ring receipt, etc.

USCIS Filing Fees:

  • Form I-130 Petition: $675
  • Form I-485 Adjustment of Status Application: $1,440
  • Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization: $260
  • Form I-131 Application for Travel Document: $630

Having these documents organized and ready can significantly streamline your application process. If you have any questions or need further assistance, our team is here to help. Contact us today to ensure a smooth and efficient journey towards your marriage green card.